Doing our part to protect the environment.
Contact Us : ReduceMyImpact@gatewaycasinos.com
Grand Villa Casino is proudly preserving our community’s green environment for future generations to enjoy. Here are a few of the energy-saving feats we’ve accomplished, and some that we’re currently working on.
Lobby lighting upgrade
- LED lights installed at entrances on Dominion Street and the skybridge from the P4 parkade
- Reduced our electricity consumption, but also improved the lighting levels
- These common areas are now brighter, safer, and more efficient
Renewable Natural Gas
- Grand Villa Casino is the first casino in the world to purchase and utilize renewable natural gas!
- The raw products are provided by local cattle farmers who help to capture and refine methane gas
- This sustainable fuel source will minimize our carbon footprint without changing our activities or operations
Exterior wash light upgrade
- Retrofit iconic pink tower at Grand Villa Casino
- High-efficiency LED will emit the same intense glow while consuming a portion of electricity as before
Cooling Tower installation with Waste Heat Capture
- Implementing a second cooling tower to provide free cooling to the gaming floors
- Capturing the heat rejected from the casino and redirecting it to our hot water supply
- Reduces the workload from water heaters and boilers to extend their lifespan and further lower energy consumption
Cigarette Waste Brigade
- Safe collection and storage of used cigarette butts from receptacles throughout the building
- Shipped back to TerraCycle for recycling and composting
- Earn points to be redeemed as cash donation to local organizations
Grand Villa Casino boasts a variety of dining options. You can enjoy your delicious meal guilt-free knowing that our kitchens are designed to be as sustainable as possible. We’re constantly implementing energy-efficient appliances and finding new ways to reduce waste, so sit back and enjoy!
- Diverts food scraps from our other wastes to reduce the amount of trash that ends up in landfills
- Specific bins in the kitchen collect organic items, which get hauled to a processing plant to make biofuel and/or compost
- Final products are available for local farmers to harvest sustainable crops.
High-efficiency cooking equipment
- Our main kitchen uses Energy Star rated appliances where available: ie) deep fryer, convection oven, and dishwasher
- Efficient appliances have a longer life-expectancy and require less maintenance
- Conserving energy without compromising taste allows us to provide you with excellent dining experiences 24/7
Intellihood systems (COMING SOON)
- Intelligent hood system will ventilate the cooking stations via variable speed drives depending on activity level
- Sensors that detect smoke/steam levels will automatically adjust the kitchen’s hood fans
- Simple and efficient way to keep our chefs’ working areas clean and safe
If you have any questions please contact us at ReduceMyImpact@gatewaycasinos.com
If you have any questions please Contact Us